The following are current career opportunities at The Doctors Werribee:
The Doctors Werribee and Wyperfeld Medical Clinic are looking for an experienced Practice Manager to manage the General Practices.
The Ideal candidate is a friendly , honest and punctual person who is able to handle work under pressure, sensitive to patient feedback , ability to manage a group of Medical Practitioners, and Staff including allied health , able to work and manage two sites working along our admin team , nursing team.
For the ideal candidate we are willing to go above and beyond their expectations to look after them with a view of long-term employment in a friendly clinic.
We believe in a holistic approach to General Practice and our values and mission statement is available to successful candidates at the interview phase.
Indicative duties will include:
- Overall management of Practice operations
- Administrative activities including filing & banking
- Patient invoicing, revenue collection including debt recovery
- Medicare liaison and handling patient fee queries
- Computer skills, familiarity with medical terminology, and IT systems (Best Practice)
- Training new staff when required and supervision of reception staff
- Assistance with preparation and maintenance of Policy and Procedures Manual, initial and on-going accreditation and familiarity with relevant regulations
- Implementing standards for RACGP accreditation
- Inventory management and timely ordering of office/medical supplies
- Typing and general office duties
- Answering calls and making appointment bookings
- Preparation of Staff Pay and Doctors Pay
- Minimum 3 years Medical Receptionist or Practice Manager experience, strong leadership skills and a hands-on approach
- Highly developed capacity to identify and analyze practice management requirements
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, confident, highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- High standard of work, values and ethics
If interested, please apply here.
Experienced Medical Receptionist
We are a doctor owned/operated General Practice in Werribee looking for a senior medical receptionist to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant would be responsible for the day to day running of the General practice along with visiting allied health professionals and to provide leadership to the team. You would be reporting directly to the Practice Manager.
Genuine empathy and an interest in our patients are very important factors to us as we are a small family practice.
Successful candidate will have the following experience;
- Knowledge in working with Best Practice software.
- Demonstrate professional presentation and communication skills
- Very good time management and organisational skills
- Liaise with suppliers and service providers to troubleshoot any operational issues in a timely manner.
- Be empathetic and friendly while remaining courteous and calm in a difficult situation
- Effectively communicate with patients from various ethnic backgrounds.
- Open and close clinic as required.
- To greet patients, other visitors and telephone calls at the practice courteously.
- Book appointments, follow up through cancelations and contact patients as needed.
- Liaise with doctors, staff and allied health professionals.
- Use Best Practice, tyro and settle Work Cover accounts or refer to Practice Manager if necessary.
- Deal with emergencies when necessary, following set procedures.
- Understand the importance of patient confidentiality and importance of privacy in day to day running of the practice.
- Keep the reception area in a clean and tidy and adhere to the rostered cleaning.
- Maintain reception area in a tidy and welcoming manner.
- Make sure New Patient Registration is completed as required with all the necessary information.
- To supervise and assist less experienced staff members.
- Scanning and/or filing patient correspondence, results etc.
- Prepare monthly Banking Reports.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Work independently when necessary and be a team player during shared tasks.
- Be familiar with Best Practice, MS Word, Excel.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in medical receptionist/secretarial role.
- Have experience in General Practice background
- CPR/Triage training and/or experience.
- Completion of an accredited medical receptionist course
- Training and/or experience in management of emergencies, handling complaints, Medicare & health funds, basic infection control.
If interested, please apply here.