Circumcision is a surgical procedure performed in males to remove the foreskin of the penis.
Circumcision is performed for several reasons.
- Medical reasons — are only eligible for Medicare Rebates
- Phimosis or unable to retract foreskin,
- Recurrent Urinary infections,
- Infection of the Glans Penis or Penile forehead or Foreskin infections
- Tight Frenulum
- Cultural or traditional
- Personal or Hygiene benefits
- Cosmetic reasons
|Age||Fees||Out of Pocket|
|0 – 3 months||$350||Medicare rebate only if any medical indication|
|3 – 6months||$400||Medicare rebate only if any medical indication|
|7 – 12 months||$450||Medicare rebate only if any medical indication|
|1 – 3 years||$500||Medicare rebate only if any medical indication|
|3 – 6 years||$840||$600 (only if Medicare indicated)|
|7 – 9 years||$890||$650 (only if Medicare indicated)|
|9 – 15 years||$940||$700 (only if Medicare indicated)|
|15 years +||$990||$750 (only if Medicare indicated)|
|Revision||Call clinic for rates||No Medicare rebate|
|Cosmetic||Call clinic for rates||No Medicare rebate|
There are various methods of Circumcision procedure.
At Heaths Road Medical Centre, we perform circumcision by Plastibell Method, Free Hand technique & Circumcision Stapler.
The Plastibell method is preferred from newborns to 9-11 years old boys.
The Circumcision Stapler can be performed for boys 12 years and above.
The Free Hand technique can be performed for boys aged 12 years and above.
We have the facilities to perform all the above methods either under Local Anesthesia or Sedation.
The sedation option is available only for clients aged 4 years and over.
Also known as Ring method. It involves placing a plastic ring at the top of the penis and tying the foreskin around it. This results in the foreskin getting necrosed or devitalized and falling off along with the ring after few days.
The advantages of the procedure are:
- Short duration of procedure.
- Prevents the injury to the glans or the top of the penis, which has high chances with other methods of circumcision.
- No suturing or any surgical glue needed.
- Cosmetically excellent results
- Low chances of bleeding post procedure
- Tolerated well.
Complete recovery is expected within a week or two after the ring falls off. The cosmetic look can take a couple of months or longer.
Stapler circumcision is a new advanced technique that involves minimal incisions to remove the foreskin from the top of the penis.
It can be performed under general or local anesthesia. A stapler-like device is used to remove the foreskin from the top of the penis. The nature of the incision is minimally invasive to reduce the bleeding during the procedure. Stapler circumcision offers a high success rate with almost nothing posts procedure complications.
Advantages of stapler circumcision: –
- Surgery time is less than 15 minutes
- Minimal blood loss
- Minimal pain
- Faster recovery
- Lower chances of infection
The time duration to perform a stapler circumcision is less than 15 minutes. After the procedure, you shall need to stay in the clinic for 20 minutes to check the recovery progress.
- The recovery period for circumcision stapler is 2-3 days.
- A complete recovery may take around 1-2 weeks.
- No sexual activity for at least 7-10 days after the circumcision
- Avoid masturbation for at least a week after the surgery.
Verbal and written post-operative instructions shall be given at the time of procedure.
Risks and complications:
- Bleeding – It is the most common complication that can take place with any method of circumcision for clients of any age. During the consultation and even after the procedure a thorough explanation and guidance shall be given to the clients or parents, guardians about management of such a situation, if it arises.
- Infection. Is a possibility. The necessary steps to avoid an infection shall be informed to the clients or their family members.
- Pain A pain management plan shall be given to the clients.
- Specific complications related to Plastibell.
- Retained Ring – In some children the ring can get retained over the penis. In such circumstances the ring must be cut and removed. The procedure takes a couple of minutes.
- Buried penis or concealed penis – Due to weight gain in some children, the penis can get buried in the surrounding fat. This is not a complication but due to the surrounding fat. We shall tell you how to look after the child if such an issue arises.
- Minor adhesions – Can occur in few patients if the remaining foreskin can get adherent to the coronal margins (base of the glans penis or top of the penis) of the glans. To prevent this situation the parents are educated by us.
Why should you choose Circ Vas Doctors?
- Dr Rahul Tipnis is a Trained doctor with more than 24 years of medical experience. Has extensively worked as a surgical team member at various hospitals in UK and Australia. Holds Fellowship from Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Has been appointed as a college examiner for FRACGP OSCE exams. Performed more than 300 circumcisions in the last year.
- No obligation & free consultation
- Quick appointments and procedure dates.
- No Long waiting lists.
- Procedures performed 7 days of week with late evening procedure appointments available.
- Parents, family members can go with the patient in the treatment room (Up to 2 family members allowed)
- Same day consultations and procedure appointments available.
- Post procedures follow ups at no extra cost or charges.
- Sedation facility available. (Sedation facility for children above the age of 4 years)
- After Pay or Zip Money payment facilities available.
- Friendly & Caring staff.
- Clean & sterile procedural room.
- Medicare rebates available
- Interstate clients welcomed. Lodging and Boarding facility to stay with local families can be arranged at minimal costs. Advice and bookings for local hotels/apartments can be arranged.
Saturday: 100 dollars + the prices printed above for the procedure
Sunday: 150 dollars + the prices printed above for the procedure
Medicare Rebate available.
Depending on your SAFETY NET COVER, more rebate may be possible, Please check with Medicare
For Bookings, Call 03 8579 0976/ 040 016 1541.